• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hi From Elgin County (Southern Ontario)

Mr163

Hello everyone. I ve been looking for a Forum to share ideas and came across this. I have a small back yard shop, I ve been into metal fab for since my early 20's. Purchased a emco maximat standard lathe mill combo about 5 years ago. I recently sold it so i could get a larger lathe 14x40 and maybe a separate mill (depending on when the addition goes in). I am a licensed Electrician and in my previous life was a Tv repair Tech. Hopefully i can contribute to this community and learn a few things along the way>

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from farmland south of Chatham. You will like this place. Guys like me have a very twisted sense of humour though. Never take me serious.

Mr163

Welcome from Oakville, ON. We like pictures here. What kind of 14X40 did you get?

Craig
We’ll I ended up purchasing a modern tool C0636A it should arrive in about 6-8 weeks as there out of stock. Almost bought the king but the modern was a far better deal.

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Welcome from Victoria, BC! TV repair - there's something I haven't thought about in a long time!