• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hi from Cochrane

Toyguru

Hey gang,
I'm a long time auto tech that's just starting to dabble in metal fab and restoration work. I'm restoring a classic car and started researching metal shaping and found this group. Hope to learn a ton from the vast experience pool here, and if anyone has automotive questions, I'd be glad to help!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi Toyguru
Welcome. Lots of different skills with people here. What kind of car are you working on?
John

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
My Dad had a Corair. Beautiful car in my opinion. Car restoration is fun. Welcome. Assuming you have an English wheel? Wish I had space for one!

Toyguru

My Dad had a Corair. Beautiful car in my opinion. Car restoration is fun. Welcome. Assuming you have an English wheel? Wish I had space for one!
They do have nice lines. I don't have an English wheel unfortunately, someday....
I purchased a video from Dave Gardiner that shows lots of techniques for shaping metal without big pricey machines, as I'm in short supply of space and hobby money lol

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Just before I got my license, my dad sold our Corvair - it looked almost as sporty as a Corvette, it had mags on it and went like snot! It was my brother's car, but it had some electrical problems and my dad was tired of it.

To my sorrow, 3 months later it was stolen and sent over the Hamilton escarpment.