• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Help identifying an old vise

Trevor

My father in law gave me a vise he found at a garage sale here in Quebec. It's a mechanic's bench Vise that weighs about 19 lbs, has 3 inch jaw width, swivel base, and the screw is visible. But it's the REAR jaw that slides. There is no Brand name or logo on it at all. Only what seems to be a forging date : 2 45-1 on the side of the front piece, and 2 45-2 on the side of the rear piece. Can Anyone help me to Identify it please.
Trevor

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yeah I have one almost exactly the same. Is it like 3" jaw or how big is yours?

Sorry saw you say its 3" or 75mm. It is from Europe. Its very heavy duty.

Trevor

Yeah I have one almost exactly the same. Is it like 3" jaw or how big is yours?

Sorry saw you say its 3" or 75mm. It is from Europe. Its very heavy duty.
Thanks. I figured it might be European... I saw others that looked similar. But I'm still curious as to why there is no brand name. Still, I'm glad to hear it's a solid work piece :)