• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hello from SE Calgary

yycwelder

Hey fellow metal fans!
I’m a journeyman welder currently employed as a shop foreman in a smaller custom fabrication shop. I’ve had the great pleasure to apprentice in a working blacksmith shop for a few years before making the extremely difficult decision to leave. At present I am taking on the challenging task of turning my double car garage storage locker into a useable metal crafting studio. I look forward to seeing where interacting with this resource leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Your skills will be welcome here. A lot of machinists and some blacksmith/forge guys on the forum. I'm more on the fabrication side -- welding, sheet metal, hydraulic bending and ironworker stuff.

Welcome aboard.

yycwelder

I'll post some pictures when the state of my garage is less embarrassing, might be awhile it's a massive undertaking.
I'm more than happy to share knowledge and lend access to my skills as my schedule permits.
Thanks for the welcome fellas.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Welcome, I found a 8x10 shed made a hell of a difference ( along with what ended up in the basement ) I’m in the S.E. also.

yycwelder

A garden/tool shed is on my short list for the spring. Just hoping something reasonable pops up on kijiji so I don’t have to build one but I’m sure I’ll probably just end up building one in the end. That and I have to stop being such a hoarder.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Yep the “ OOH Might need that one day!”
On the other hand if it wasn’t for hoarding I would have lost my marbles long ago!

yycwelder

I’m sure I have the genetic marker for “oh that is not garbage I could use that someday in the distant future so I’ll keep it as it may come in handy”. Some people are addicted to drugs or alcohol, I’m addicted to the possibility of what might be.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Welcome to the forum - always nice to have another welding resource. I just got a new to me welder so once I test it out I am sure to have lots of questions.

yycwelder

Welcome to the forum - always nice to have another welding resource. I just got a new to me welder so once I test it out I am sure to have lots of questions.

Thanks. Resources make the world go round. What did you get and how’s it going?