• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hello from Calgary

JuanH

Hi, My name is Juan, I’m new to the forum and I’m trying to learn some bronze casting. I design jewelry as a hobby but I will like to take my knowledge farther, software I use is zbrush, super organic and sculptural, I’m waiting for a monster 3D printer and move from there. Any suggestion I will love to hear. Cheers

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome Juan. Look forward to your posts & pictures. I don't use Zbrush myself but have been intrigued by it. Is it relatively straightforward to export from that file format into something 3DPs can import? I don't have a 3DP or CNC experience, but was just wondering.

btw this place does casting work. I visited them a long time ago to purchase mold making supplies. they were a smooth-on distributer back then but I think you can still get a peek in their shop. Might be an info resource https://www.donbeggstudiowest.ca/

JuanH

Oh man, thanks a lot. I will. Heck then out.
Zbrush handles A LOT of files. Obj, ztl, ztl, fbx, svg, and bunch of cad files. If you want, drop box me file and I can take a look at it.

JuanH

Good stuff I just found an old electric kiln super pump, I might be able to cast something cool

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
I've never done bronze casting, but if you design jewelry as a hobby I assume you are familiar with cuddle bone casting techniques? I find that to be an excellent technique for casting custom silver jewelry. What is the primary metal you often work with?