• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hello from Atlantic Canada

tourmax

Hello all. just saying hello from NS.

I'm a hobbiest, but not just at machining. I've been a gearhead since before I could walk.

Ticketed automechanic (expired), BA Soc/Psy, airframe technician (ret'd), aeroengine technician (ret'd), AME (ret'd), 30 years RCAF (ret'd), Flight Engineer (MWO - ret'd). SAR, CH113/CH149.

Currently restoring my old Atlas TH42.

Will be posting a thread on it if you're interested.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Another west coast welcome.
Some of the most beautiful sunsets were seen from the back door of 8 Platoon Cornwallis.

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Other coast here as well - Victoria. Though high school and undergrad were in Halifax, some 40 years ago.

Tecnico

(Dave)

I'm a hobbiest, but not just at machining. I've been a gearhead since before I could walk.

Ticketed automechanic (expired), BA Soc/Psy, airframe technician (ret'd), aeroengine technician (ret'd), AME (ret'd), 30 years RCAF (ret'd), Flight Engineer (MWO - ret'd). SAR, CH113/CH149.

Well, hello neighbor! Nice to see that there's another enthusiast in this corner of the country! I'm near Halifax myself.

You have lots of interesting experience in your resume, looking forward to seeing you around the site.

D:cool:

mikoyan31

Stewie
Late to the party as usual. Fellow maritimer here about as far from salt water as you can get and still be in the maritime provinces though. If your expierence if anything like mine, I just want to assure you, people in our hobby DO actually exist out here.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver

We like pictures....

Tecnico

(Dave)
Certainly hope you're battened down securely today. Good luck.
Thanks for the good wishes, we were out of power for 24 hrs (was predicted to be midnight Tuesday!) and spent the last couple of days cleaning up.

We made out much better than some folks, we lost 5 pretty good size spruce from around the property, one 75 ft high and I still have to count the rings. Broke off 6 ft up but thankfully fell away from the house. No damage other than that.

We were fortunate, there are still a lot of people out of power and out of house & home.

D:cool: