• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tool Handle knob supplier

Tool

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
Just wondering if anyone knows where I might find 3 round knobs for the handles on an arbor press. They would typically be about 1 1/4 inch diameter with a threaded hole to screw onto the end of the handle, like on a drill press. I am finishing my arbor press build and am having a hard time finding these things. Searched Princess auto Regina with no luck. Any ideas?

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
M8 may not work for you, but definitely amazon

5Pcs Bakelite Ball Lever Knobs, 32mm M8 Black Bakelite Round Ball Manual Stick Threaded Hole Knob Handle Copper Core Applicable Machine Tools https://a.co/d/dEpxng7

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Just wondering if anyone knows where I might find 3 round knobs for the handles on an arbor press.

The last time I was inside a Busy bee store before covid, they had them in all different sizes and colours.

When you find what you want let us all know. @YYCHM will remember for everyone.

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
I have a collection of black plastic balls with a 1/4-20 threaded hole. There were from a Bridgeport that was upgraded with steel ball handles. Ping me if you need some. Im in Abbotsford, BC. No charge but Canada Post is about $8.50 for a small package.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Just wondering if anyone knows where I might find 3 round knobs for the handles on an arbor press. They would typically be about 1 1/4 inch diameter with a threaded hole to screw onto the end of the handle, like on a drill press. I am finishing my arbor press build and am having a hard time finding these things. Searched Princess auto Regina with no luck. Any ideas?
Are you making a handwheel for you press? I was hoping to find a useable wheel for mine but have pondered making a hub and then using spokes and round knobs on the ends also.

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
Finding / making a wheel seemed more difficult than just using spokes , and should work just as good or better. I was hoping to avoid having to order online.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Very nice Craig!

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
yes ,redrill and tap would work. @Arbutus ,do you think the knobs you have would accommodate drilling and tapping to a larger thread?
Realistically no. These are bakelite balls, some have a small brass threaded insert, but anything more than 5/16 would destroy that.