• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Had a visitor today

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Cute little rascals. I'll trade you for the early AM racoon that was in the dogs food bin.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Well it seems they left it could be because next door has a firepit and are a little loud on the weekends. I’ve still been leaving water and a bit of food that disappears during the night I just hope I’m not feeding a skunk or the neighbours cat!

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
A couple of foxes around are ok, they are good mousers. We get coyotes all the time. Mangy critters, bring out the 204. Had to give a skunk a loaded up egg this summer, never saw him again.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
A couple of foxes around are ok, they are good mousers. We get coyotes all the time. Mangy critters, bring out the 204. Had to give a skunk a loaded up egg this summer, never saw him again.

"a loaded up egg" :confused:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Well it seems they left it could be because next door has a firepit and are a little loud on the weekends. I’ve still been leaving water and a bit of food that disappears during the night I just hope I’m not feeding a skunk or the neighbours cat!
Did you know that coons really like cats? They've been known to desiccated farm cat populations.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You inject a little liquid strychnine into an egg. Requires a fine needle and the poison both of which i have. I obtained a large supply of strychnine a few years back when the RM was handing out gopher poison. Place the egg under the building that the skunk is taking up residence under. Make damn sure the dog can't get at it.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Makes me miss sask, hearing [mention]6.5 Fan [/mention] call it rm.

Out hear it is md

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Make that about 100 ways I know to “decimate” a skunk

Thanks [mention]6.5 Fan [/mention]

Fishing rod, braided line and sardines.......(allegedly)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You guys will soon have possum too. Never saw one around here till around 1985 or so. Caught my first one in a live trap that year. Then started seeing road kills. Today there are millions of them.

I love foxes. But the only good racoon is a dead one. I've never seen them go after a cat. I'm guessing it's a disease they carry. Two years ago we had well over 50 die on the farm here - some with help but most of them from racoon distemper which my vet told me was contagious to dogs and cats.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Well it’s official it’s not a skunk!
I have one little buddy left!
C57AF49F-74B7-4D97-8CFA-DC0166B0B003.jpeg 6618C135-3608-4E45-BBA9-B6E17E3F7ADF.jpeg 56D79141-6FB0-4533-8902-F676F08F6435.jpeg
Tonight we are having bacon bits with a plumb for dessert. :rolleyes: