• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

gun drill

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Boy-howdy somebody got a smashing buy. Gun drills alone would easily be 10x the high bid alone. A lot of machinery for $2150.

Tried to link but failed... google Clubbid Gun drill

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Boy-howdy somebody got a smashing buy. Gun drills alone would easily be 10x the high bid alone. A lot of machinery for $2150.

Tried to link but failed... google Clubbid Gun drill
Yes, no kidding, I've bought a couple of gun drills @ about $300 per !

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well I got the slotting attachment at that auction but its too big for my mill ;(((

The problem with that system is the price of the bid plus removal fees plus disposal of unwated machine plus seller fees of the gun drills will eat into your profit. This is very specialized machine - not easy to "deal with" on both commercial nor hobby market. Specialized stuff may cost two arms and four legs to buy but when you need to sell it you are lucky to get more then scrap price for it.

Chipper5783

Well, when you do get the machine and you need the drills touched up - give me a call. My T&C grinder came with the Eldorado jig - so I sharpened a few GDs for the guys at work (Eldorado has a great web site - walks you through the steps for sharpening). I may never use it again, but it's cool!

Swharfin'

Out to pasture Red Seal Millwright
Wrong guy I didn't even now about the auction till I seen the post here. In my machinery budget (RRSP based) such things are not to be had. I couldn't afford the Moving bill.
But if the member who did Buy the lot post the surplus items in the classifieds ....