• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Greetings from Oakville

Manfred

Premium Member
Refurbishing an EMCO Compact 5 lathe and building a CNC Mill from scratch while fixing up the basement and the deck. Happy to have stumbled on a Canadian Forum.

Hoping to learn a lot and return the favour - as I get better at cutting metal.

gerritv

Gerrit
Welcome from St Cathararines. I too built a CNC mill from scratch, and basement, and deck and and :)

Gerrit

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Refurbishing an EMCO Compact 5 lathe and building a CNC Mill from scratch while fixing up the basement and the deck. Happy to have stumbled on a Canadian Forum.

Hoping to learn a lot and return the favour - as I get better at cutting metal.

Welcome from Ontario farmland south of Chatham Manfred!

You will have fun here!

Manfred

Premium Member
Welcome from...also Oakville!

Where did you get the EMCO? They don't seem to be too common in our neck of the woods.

Craig

My Emco came all the way from Florida - before shipping became so expensive. The Emco is still stock standard but the mill will be custom with the Z-axis column from an LMS5500 and the table from a M1111. X- and y-axis on 20mm rails. Still trying to figure out the z-axis. Cant decide whether to use the dove tails or rails.

Closed loop steppers running on Linux - but that's still a few pay periods away.