• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Great deal on Noga

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Have the same mag stand. Very positive, high quality. The universal swivel clamp accommodates the typical indicators: 6mm, 8mm, 3/8" stem, dovetail... I also bought the smaller (stemmed non mag arm only) that you can chuck or put in mill collet for DTI work. Its so much easier to just position the indicator to part & lock the knob vs. other devises. I like their deburring tools too. OK better stop, sounding like a salesman or fan boy LOL

John Conroy

Premium Member
It arrived quickly. Decent quality indicator comes with it. I have a Starrett flex neck indicator stand and the Noga is so much easier to use. I like it.

Last edited:

Colten Edwards

Fabricator
showed up last week. not impressed with the indicator though
noga.jpg

This also came in the mail. Starrett 98-8. level-1.jpg

Need to remove a little rust on the bottom though.
level-2.jpg

John Conroy

Premium Member
Hey Colten, your chair isn't level! Lol

I thought the indicator wasn't bad for what it is, an inexpensive house brand item.

Where did you find the Starrett level?

Colten Edwards

Fabricator
the level I bought off of fleabay. I've been bidding on them for a while, and finally got this one for $130ca including shipping. They had it listed in a woodworking category which probably helped

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
nice level!! I got lucky and picked up a moore and wright 12" for about the same price... Invaluable for setting up a lathe!