• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

G12

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
G12 command mill a circular pocket love it!

Attachments

• 5CD86933-9861-48B2-9B0E-5FFCC72FD038.jpeg
    5CD86933-9861-48B2-9B0E-5FFCC72FD038.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 16
  • BD03C89E-53A1-481C-8089-0F56E9295F76.jpeg
    BD03C89E-53A1-481C-8089-0F56E9295F76.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 16

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Cool! How do the diameters compare in opposing axis?
Also, I've always wondered - in CNC toolpath programming, do you tell it to climb mill vs conventional mill, or can you switch at some point between roughing & finishing?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
G12 is clockwise and G13 is counter clockwise. So you can choose conventional or climb.
G12 I<diameter> F<feedrate>
simple command. Specify the diameter with the I parameter. It assumes the tool is located in the center, it moves to the diameter of I at feed rate F and then moves through the circle. After 360 deg it moves back to the center. Assumption is it is on the xy plane. I'm not sure I answered your question.

There are also much more sophisticated options: good ref is here: http://www.cnc-training.com/tandp/jun04.htm

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sorry, my Q2 wasn't clear. I used to hear (predominantly from the homebrew CNC router types) that if they miked across the X-axis they would get a slightly differnt measurement than Y-axis. Something to do with steppers or resolution or Cam or phase of the moon... For example X = 1.000 and Y= 0.998" in other words a slight elipse. Thats what I was wondering, if you measured it & how it came out. (And what you do about it if its not truly circular like from a boring head).

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I’m measuring 2.070” one way and 2.0695 the other way. It’s a bit different but as accurate as my calipers.... setting the backlash compensation is important. I’m pleased actually. This is not a fancy mill.