• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Free oxi torch head rosebud

just bought this assuming it would fit my small victor torch.
It does not. :/

pic shows the inner thread size if you can figure if it fits your set up.
free. Or a beer and/or compelling machining stories and other assorted bullshittery

Attachments

• 6ED5A861-7C89-4B6E-98AB-6B2DF385AF20.jpeg
    6ED5A861-7C89-4B6E-98AB-6B2DF385AF20.jpeg
    784.3 KB · Views: 21

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Would it fit a Harris style torch? I do use some Victor style tips with my setup but not sure I am suppose to that. I'm not really sure the distinguishing features of each. Is it just the threads that don't fit yours?

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
where are you? i have a rosebud for the small victor style torch i would trade you, i just have to find it

I’m in onterrible Hamilton/Cambridge area.
This tip is nearly the same size as my small victor but sightly larger. The threaded collar slips over the base just slightly

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Looks like that won't fit mine either. My threads are about .825". And I have nothing to trade you with anyhow. I've been wanting a rosebud tip for mine but haven't been able to locate one (or at a reasonable cost).
My torch is a "Harris" style but I've used some tips from I believe that same brand you have there with my rig and they seem to work. In the picture the left hand one is the original Harris style and the right hand one is the Victor style. 20210907_185435~2.jpg 20210907_190257.jpg

Hmmm. A piece of brass, a lathe, who knows how many hours and you could make it fit.
It’s so close it be a brass heli-coil.
and then there’s a gas seal for the explosive possible oxygen rich gas.
I’ve already had my face blown in half from an pressurized gas cylinder.

think I’ll let the 10$ torch head go and get the right one.