• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Finished.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Gorgeous!
I know nothing about bikes .
Is the oil filter not at risk of being punctured in it's current location behind the front wheel?
Or does that give added cooling?

Bandit

Super User
A dam fine job there. One was my first "big" bike. A '77 D, which I brought new, and still have, though not run in some years, also have '78 special 2/3 there, parts or, and a '79 special, that I ran for some years, nearly all there.
With the filter in front mount, a real filter can be used as they only had screens from the factory, and some extra cooling too. Sorry I can't see if it's a filter or a cooler, not watched video yet.
Anyway, looking good.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Absolutely gorgeous.

I "restored" several vintage cars over the years. When I was younger I lacked both the funds and the discipline to do a perfect job and although nice especially to the untrained eye the details that were not quite right motivated me to finally do one that was near flawless, and there is something very satisfying about that.

My last one was a restmod and started that way from the day I purchased it back when the purists would poo-poo anything that was not original. I can see both sides of that argument, but for me (unless you have some ultra rare Ferarri or similar) are a collection of compromises to satisfy the bean counters and appeal to the widest market, so why not use aftermarket 13" disc brakes when the original was fitted with useless 10" drum brakes? Makes for a much safer a fun to drive vehicle.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
While on the motorcycle theme, old picture of my buddy "chopper"

Attachments

• F78447DB-E76E-4363-AA51-7B60A9AB403C.jpeg
    F78447DB-E76E-4363-AA51-7B60A9AB403C.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 15