• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Doggy ramp or steps

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Anja has reached the age where she can no longer effortlessly jump into the back of the SUV. I'm afraid she will really hurt herself when she doesn't jump high enough.
And she fights when I lift her to the point where she hurts herself or me.
Looking for plans or suggestions on a foldable ramp or steps that is very compact when stored.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
We have numerous sets of doggy stairs. I really like the ones we have although they are not foldable, but are very light because they are made of foam. We have used them for several years and they hold up well. We chose this style because if you inadvertently bump into them you won't stub your toe.

Both dogs took to them within 1-2 cookie bribes.

I think they might be these ones, but not sure because we purchased a while back

They also have foldable versions that look the same.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I converted an old plastic foldable atv ramp for our dogs to use when they get old. My dogs were so highly trained that new tricks were built on old ones, so I can't suggest much more that the treats @slow-poke suggested. A smart dog will either learn immediately or find a shortcut. So I'd put temporary sides on the ramps to prevent the shortcuts. Once they know how to use the ramps you can put the sides away.