• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Dabblings

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Some of my projects take a long time, and this 14" face plate one is one of those...

When BrentH came to Calgary (was it a year ago?) I bought a D1-6 faceplate from @Hacker. As I described in another thread, I was looking for a set of studs for it. I *thought* I had an inexpensive set from Shars -- but when they arrived, they were M18X1.25 instead of 5/8 X 18 tpi... OOPS. I set them aside and decided that for a time I wouldn't spend good money after bad.

Just 3 weeks ago A guy on HM was looking for a metric set of D1-6 studs, so I was going to give him mine. After a lot of PMs, it turned out that he had a set of imperial studs he couldn't use -- so -- we decided to trade.

His studs fit my plate fine, and today I added the 5/16 X 5/8 retaining cap screws. Finally done, and the faceplate fits perfectly! (hats off to @Hacker)

Last edited:
Some of my projects take a long time, and this 14" face plate one is one of those...

When BrentH came to Calgary (was it a year ago?) I bought a D1-6 faceplate from @Hacker. As I described in another thread, I was looking for a set of studs for it. I *thought* I had an inexpensive set from Shars -- but when they arrived, they were M18X1.25 instead of 5/8 X 18 tpi... OOPS. I set them aside and decided that for a time I wouldn't spend good money after bad.

Just 3 weeks ago A guy on HM was looking for a metric set of D1-6 studs, so I was going to give him mine. After a lot of PMs, it turned out that he had a set of imperial studs he couldn't use -- so -- we decided to trade.

His studs fit my plate fine, and today I added the 5/16 X 5/8 retaining cap screws. Finally done, and the faceplate fits perfectly! (hats off to @Hacker)
Don't you love how things turn out when the stars align.

Hacker

Super User

That is great!! Sometimes patience (with me it is procratination) pays off. Glad to hear that you have gotten the faceplate mounted and usable.