• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Dabblings

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I do a lot of really little and short projects, so I hardly ever remember to take pictures, etc. Here's an attempt to post some of these shorts.

Last fall (I think) JohnN and I went out to a garage in Springbank where then guy had lots of random stuff for sale... The thing John wanted was not at all acceptable, but I found a little slide storage unit, all metal, for a steal:

End Mill Cabinet.JPG

This week I removed all of the 200+ spot welds and took out all the dividers... Now I have an improvised end mill / R8 collet storage!

- that was needed as I recently acquired another batch of end mills.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Hand storage that will be.
I had some slide storage boxes that I was going to use for similar storage but they were NOS and I couldn't bring myself to cut the dividers out. Sold them for more than I paid so there's that.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
New Old Stock. They were brand new from 1968. Still had the original, unused, pre-printed paper to record what was in each slot. It had a print date of 1968. :D