• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Colchester Edmonton 12000

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Same Lathe, same ad, same price as it was 6 ~ 9 months ago.
My guess; it'd be a good buy at about 1/2 that price, maybe a bit more if its in great shape, low hours C/W lots of extras.

Same Lathe, same ad, same price as it was 6 ~ 9 months ago.
My guess; it'd be a good buy at about 1/2 that price, maybe a bit more if its in great shape, low hours C/W lots of extras.
Yeah that’s what I was going to offer, 6000. I don’t even want to give such an offer though as I’m sure the seller would take it as an insult. As much as I want a colchester, I’ll just keep sitting patiently.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I think it is worth about 4K$. Only one 4-jaw chuck. it is a 16" lathe, which will raise Tom K's hackles. Frankly it would be fine in any hobby shop - for a hobby price. It was over 25K$ new.

Expect to pay (new) 2K$ for a 4J chuck, or $750 for a used one.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Yeah that’s what I was going to offer, 6000. I don’t even want to give such an offer though as I’m sure the seller would take it as an insult. As much as I want a colchester, I’ll just keep sitting patiently.

thats the smart move. All kinds of silly and ignorant behaviour out there, but somehow most just don't appreciate having it pointed out :)

at 2600 views and still priced like that, the pace of learning suggest you might need to have lots of patience. :D