• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Clean Looking Advanced Machine Lathe at Drayton Valley Auction

trlvn

Ultra Member
Love that old school light switch mounted on the left!

21DD1030-001-4.jpg

Craig

francist

Super User
Love that old school light switch
And still in stock at Canuck Tire! You too could own one :)

I actually just bought two of these a couple of months ago to switch power to two sewing machine tables — they work great. Only in white now though...:confused:

Oh, and matching duplex receptacles too.

2B36143B-58F1-4365-9A09-BE136BAF330A.png

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
IIRC the machine is belt drive and the site glasses show oil level to the front/rear spindle bearings only. I hope it hasn't been run like that.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Many of these lathes also suffer from a headstock seal problem. If it is always run with the addition of oil, it doesn't hurt, but if it run for a while without, the headstock is pooched. I wouldn't risk it at an auction.