• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Classified Rules - Read before you post ANYTHING, or offer goods, or offer to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Some etiquette on the classifieds.

Please just let people sell their stuff. No posts on relative merits of the goods, why it's a good deal or not a good deal, how you can do it cheaper better etc. Ask questions sure. The classified is not the place for our usual mosh pit of chat & opinions & options. No critiques of how they wrote their ad or content therein. The seller will get responses according to the quality of their ad. Let it be. The drama we've had sometimes on classified ads OMG.

No "HOLDS". No dependent offers tying up the sale. Until you make the firm offer and the seller accepts anyone else can scoop you. After the seller accepts, it's a done deal.

No auctions - we're not ebay and we don't want hard feelings.

Shipping. Please state in your ad where you are located, if the sale is for local buyers only, and specify that you are willing to ship or are NOT willing to ship.

If you are interested in buying you can post as a courtesy "PM sent" and have your discussion with the purchaser via PM - don't pollute the ad with the back and forth. PM sent is not a "HOLD" see above. No holds. If it's a popular item there could be more than one "PM sent".

The classified section is a forum courtesy. If we get drama on it the moderators will delete the classified section.

If further discussion or questions are required please post it in the Rules section of the forum.

Please post when the item is sold.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
There has been some concerns about how people should write an ad and what content should be in it. There are no rules about that. This is on purpose - write the ad the way you want and deal with your buyers as you feel comfortable. If you don't like what you see - you don't have to reply! Please don't reply. We also have a feature where you can click on a user and pick "Ignore". Try that instead.

You know how some people are really annoyed by questions like "is it still for sale?" yes it's for sale or it wouldn't be an ad now would it? Or - why didn't you post the price? No. That's not it - buyers ask seemingly dumb questions because they are trying to get a read on the seller. I don't even think it's a conscious decision. They all want to know is this somebody I can deal with or are they a total twat? I have a friend who calls them Kijidiots. I'm sure you know what I mean. So there are no rules so the seller can deal with buyers in the way they prefer.

1689819984821.png

Status
Not open for further replies.