• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Christmas gift to myself

John Conroy

Premium Member
I've been using a cheap Chinese 5" vise in my home shop for years now. It has served me well but I often find a need for a larger vise. A friend on mine has a Yost vise that I have admired for years and today I found a pretty good deal on Amazon for the one I have been drooling over. I got it for $150 off and free shipping. These are made in the USA and are very high quality!! Won't get it till around January 4 but I guess I can wait.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004AH1IIM?keywords=yost reversible vise&qid=1450982411&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I'll still use the old one for welding but this new one should fill the need for a larger opening as it will open up to 11"!!!

EricB

Sweet, John. Presents to yourself are always good ones!

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I've been using a cheap Chinese 5" vise in my home shop for years now. It has served me well but I often find a need for a larger vise. A friend on mine has a Yost vise that I have admired for years and today I found a pretty good deal on Amazon for the one I have been drooling over. I got it for $150 off and free shipping. These are made in the USA and are very high quality!! Won't get it till around January 4 but I guess I can wait.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004AH1IIM?keywords=yost reversible vise&qid=1450982411&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I'll still use the old one for welding but this new one should fill the need for a larger opening as it will open up to 11"!!!

Did you vise arrive? How is it?

Edit:
Dis-regard, I see your other post! (Just working through the stuff I missed over the holidays!)

JW