• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Chris

Chris

Brand New Member
Hi all, was looking forward to visiting Proto Space with the group but was unfortunately out of town when that took place.

My background is oil and gas transportation, heavy lift rigging. New to Calgary after 20+ years in Red Deer, moved here with work in oil and gas March 2014 to West Springs / Cougar Ridge area of west Calgary.

Weekend warrior with some garage space that's always been a bit of a metal fabricator, MIG weld, torch, etc. Just purchased a small second hand Craftex Lathe/Mill this morning and I'm looking forward to some conversation on the forum on firing it up and getting into some projects.

Most recent project was a "hidden" grate for a backyard fish pond to keep young kids out of the water but submerged grate to still be pleasing to the eye. Will round up some photos soon.

Cheers,

Chris

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey Chris,

As noted, good to have you on board. I'm thinking about another meetup in the coming weeks, just working on a venue that will work best. No worries about missing the Protospace meetup, there's always next time!

What's the model on your Craftex?

Looking forward to it!

JW

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Proto does have open house every Tuesday... I think Kyle @kylemp is often hanging around since all the cool gear is his!