• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

CARROLL-JAIMESON ENGINE LATHE $500 Hamilton

The Vintage Machinery site has a bit of info on this maker:

At a glance, the listed machine looks pretty similar to this offering from 1945:

Extremely cool but just far too big for any space I've got.

Craig
One other nice thing about big old lathes...... They are very patient, they don't mind sitting in storage for a year or so while you expand your available space.... Sounds like an application with the chief financial officer might be in order. ;)
..... Must be Friday night, I am in a pot stirring mood... Lol

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
One other nice thing about big old lathes...... They are very patient, they don't mind sitting in storage for a year or so while you expand your available space.... Sounds like an application with the chief financial officer might be in order. ;)
..... Must be Friday night, I am in a pot stirring mood... Lol
We need to start Old Iron Anonymous. To help people who have an unhealthy obsession with acquiring camelback drill presses and lathes with flat belt drives.

Repeat after me:

Lord grant me the serenity to covet only the tools I can afford, the courage to convince my partner to allow me to buy the tools I can’t afford, and the wisdom to know the difference.

We need to start Old Iron Anonymous. To help people who have an unhealthy obsession with acquiring camelback drill presses and lathes with flat belt drives.

Repeat after me:

Lord grant me the serenity to covet only the tools I can afford, the courage to convince my partner to allow me to buy the tools I can’t afford, and the wisdom to know the difference.
The very thought of this, and the blood drains out of my face and my hands become cold and clammy, I don't think I can survive the withdrawal, ...... smoking and drinking I dealt with, this is just too much... Lol

Look at all those accessories! And it's located almost next door to me! I wish this had come up when I was looking for my first lathe! Makes me think of the old song; "Oh it's sad when you belong to someone else when the right one comes along..."