• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Canadian machine tool auctions?

UboatCmdr

Hey everybody,

Looking for a recommendation on Canadian auction sites. I'm trying to hunt down an older (2003+) Haas Vf2/3/4 for the shop, and it seems like there's nothing reasonably priced in Canada.

Where have you guys had luck finding machines? Outside of kijiji haha ;)

Dogpounder

Global Auction is a web site that lists just about every auction that happens in North America. Good resource for Alberta Auctions.

kylemp

Hey everybody,

Looking for a recommendation on Canadian auction sites. I'm trying to hunt down an older (2003+) Haas Vf2/3/4 for the shop, and it seems like there's nothing reasonably priced in Canada.

Your probably best to look at buying it from somewhere in the states or out east. Things in Alberta have been going for way too much money recently and there's a lot more in those two areas for a much more reasonable price. I would be extremely wary of buying a cnc at auction unless you can inspect and run it first, or its cheap enough to rebuild the spindle bearings if they're bad.

4Jawbilly

Hey everybody,

I started out with House of Tools which unfortunately closed Doors some time ago. Been buying last few years from Bussy Bee, KMS and accross the line in Bellingham from Grizzly Tools which has an awsome collection at decent prices.

Cheers 4J

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I know it is hard to cold call people looking for equipment. But in the past when I wanted machines or expensive tooling I just tell friends and friends of friends what I'm looking for. Often someone has a lead on a machine that is not being used that I might be able to buy. Oddly enough allot of shops won't post CNC machines publicly and prefer to sell to someone who wont be competing for there business.

4Jawbilly

Just looked at a Small Lathe bout 24" beetween centers. Nothing special and probably will go for Cheap. If anyone is interested access the Wair Website for Prince George BC

Cheers

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
hey 4Jawbilly, can you provide a link? sorted thru a bunch of websites, but couldn't find it from your description. An acquaintance is looking for a starter lathe...

4Jawbilly

Wair is the Warehouse & Investment Branch of the Province of British Columbia
Where I have seen this small Lathe today, here is the Adress give them a call and they can answer your questions. Dan is pretty well running the Show there. Good Luck

ADDRESS
:
3695 Opie Crescent
Prince George BC V2N 1B9
Phone: 250 565-4201
View map

Cash and Carry Sales:
Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
(excluding holidays)

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
hey 4Jawbilly, can you provide a link? sorted thru a bunch of websites, but couldn't find it from your description. An acquaintance is looking for a starter lathe...
There’s a south bend in the federal gov surplus site - it’s located at the Ralston AFB...