• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Busybee B096 mill drill manual

Peter D

Hi everyone. New to the site and fairly new to machinist endeavors! Having said that I did build a Zenith 701 STOL from plans around 12 years ago.
I recently bought a Busy Bee B096 mill drill which, judging from the date on the 1 1/2hp motor puts it around 1978 vintage. Just wondering if anyone out there has a copy of the manual I could copy or buy. Busybee do not have a copy. I also have a really nice Edge rite ( logan 200 ) lathe 1942 vintage.
I'm in Ontario. Thanks, Peter

Peter D

Unfortunately, they got back to me saying it was years since they sold that milling machine and they did not have any manual available, electronic or not.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm not familiar with that mill but I'm sure more or less the same machine would have been sold under various other brand names....some one might be able to direct you further in that regard....

Welcome to the forum, another Peter. If you ain't Peter here then good chance you're John. Ha ha just having fun.

Peter D

That's a good point. I'm sure it was sold under various names much like the current micro mills. Thanks for the welcome:)

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Post an image of the machine. Some one will recognize it.

Welcome from Calgary.

Last edited:

Peter D

Sorry...newbie! Still figuring out how to rotate image but this is her. Came with power feed and a heavy duty milling vise.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
That looks just like my House of Tools RF30. Here are a couple of manuals.

Attachments

• LC15-LC30Manual.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • RF-30-manual.pdf
    766.5 KB · Views: 18

Peter D

Yup. Just found a post on Youtube from a chap restoring a 1978 RF30 and it looks identical to the B096. That's great Craig:). Have a great evening !

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Welcome, might this manual be of any use?

Attachments

• LC15 LC30 MANUAL.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 12

Peter D

Hi there Bill. I really appreciate the post. It's great to have a forum where help is available and advice and knowledge abound!
I received these from YYCHobbyMachinist as well. Thanks !:)