• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Atlas lathe fully loaded - grinding attachment, taper attachment and milling attachment under $1000 5h to go Calgary

Johnwa

Ultra Member
They’re on the shelf under the lathe. The milling attachment has a silver handwheel. I think the taper attachment is on the far left.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
There are items underneath on the bench shelf.

It appears to be a taper attachment, the back-gears with a motor, and a milling attachment - among other things. Perhaps the items don’t belong to this lathe?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It appears to all belong to the same lathe - auctioneer is not an expert on lathes - they barely know it is a "machine of some kind". Hence the need to inspect in person.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Just use a CC - still 960 with just 30 min to go. I did not inspect it running but looks to be in good condition. With fees it is about 1150.

Lol, I was out of work for 2 years, CC is not healthy and I had my limit reduced several times during my layoff to ensure I didnt get into big trouble.

If I cant pay cash for a toy like this I'm just not gonna do it right now. ;)

Something else will come along when I'm ready I'm sure

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ya, I'm watching to. Bids haven't moved since the 23rd. Looks like a lot of stuff for $1200.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
They keep extending the time in 1 min increments. Now at 1750.
Edit Sold for a cool 2K.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
71 bids with most of the activity in the last hour or so. What's with the bidding extended stuff?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
If a bid comes in with under a minute to go the time is extended by 60 seconds.
Clever tactic to drive the bids up.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I think it was an OK deal - total price with taxes and fees of 2400 or so - half for the lathe half for all attachments.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Likewise. I don't have a steady or follow rest for my 10K and getting them would set me back at least $500-700. Tool post grinder likely the same.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
If a bid comes in with under a minute to go the time is extended by 60 seconds.
Clever tactic to drive the bids up.

So what happens if two proxy bidders fell into that trap that have set the same max bid amount?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
So what happens if two proxy bidders fell into that trap that have set the same max bid amount?
There's a min bid increment the number is always going to go up.
If it were you and I bidding against each other and we both had a max bid of 2K. Whoever has the last bid of 2K wins. If you decided to up your bid by the $25 minimum increment then I would have to decide to either stay put of add another bid.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
There's a min bid increment the number is always going to go up.
If it were you and I bidding against each other and we both had a max bid of 2K. Whoever has the last bid of 2K wins. If you decided to up your bid by the $25 minimum increment then I would have to decide to either stay put of add another bid.

Aren't proxy bids done automatically with the bidder not actively involved?