• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Another new old one:

patuca

Hi All:

Thanks for letting me join up. I've always had an interest in metal-working and always had a small shop, mostly to support my other hobbies (Amateur radio VE7DLU, 4x4's, old motorcycles, photography etc.). I've been retired for many years from the mine-engineering business and during my early years I worked in a small department doing scientific research in the "Rock-Mechanics" field, spending most of my time in the department's machine shop building specialized measuring equipment.

These days my shop is mostly Asian born equipment with modifications and most of the projects are simple repairs of small mechanical items (bushings, shafts, switches, (ham radio repairs), motorcycle parts and photography equipment repairs.

Making gadgets and tools that nobody has a use for is fun too.

I'm looking forward to joining and entering the discussions.

patuca in Cranbrook.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Welcome from a ex-Cranbrookonian. Moved there in 1975 as a high schooler, stayed for quite a few years then got older (notice I didn't say grew up) and then moved around a lot. Now I'm an Islander west coast wuss.
This is a pretty diverse group so you should fit right in. Enjoy.

patuca

Thanks for welcome guys....it's been a while since I belonged to a machining forum and I've been missing the ability to ask for advice and have a look at some interesting projects. Currently I don't have much going except keeping my vehicles in one piece. Lately I've been drawing some sketches of controlling the feed on my 4x6 bandsaw and I have an idea for a low-profile rotary-table that I could make use of on my little micro-mill.

But for now, I'll just track along and see where I fit in.

thanks Guys,

patuca (mike)

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey @patuca ask away for anything!!! I have fixed/worked on everything from the oil spot on your driveway to large machines and the guys here can pretty much fill in ALL the missing pieces
If you need vehicle help - let us know- I have 3 boys and myself trying to fix things “outside” the system