• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Affordable CNC Plasma tables

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
I've been doing a lot of research on what would be the best way for me to begin learning to use a CNC plasma table, so it's benefit will be of use to me when I begin to grow. I came across the crossfire pro - https://www.langmuirsystems.com/pro - which has been designed especially for hobbyists and others who are on a lower budget; but do you think a machine at this price would be a good purchase, even though it comes equiped with a THC the water table and the software? Pretty much all other affordable plasma tables like the go torch and the plasma cam, only come with a standard THC and no software at all. An additional $1000 is required to purchase every upgrade to give you a well functional machine.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I think here you are getting what you are paying - i.e. warranty is very short and weight is very light. It comes in two boxes combined 230lbs. Warranty is just 6m for electronics.

Best would be to find some reviews of the product online from multiple sources. Above is for the pro version.

Competition offers tiny table but can be expanded to any size with 1y warranty. But costs a bit more.

I only briefly looked at plasma tables - you probably known more about them then me.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
What do you think Chris now that you've had the crossfire for a while?

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
The crossfire pro works very well for the price of the machine. It does not take much to carry out the operation from 2d contours. The quality of your cutts depends more on the plasma cutter the table operates. All the cuts that were coming from my powerplasma 50s were not very clean, and the conductivity was not great; but my hypertherm powermax 45xp with the duramax machine torch on the other hand, creates very clean cuts.