• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Accusize heads up & amazon

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Passing on some recent learning's FYI. I tried to buy some stuff of Accusize. Its a Canadian supplier of various offshore machining items & I've had pretty good luck so far with a few items. https://www.accusizetools.com/

But recent transaction attempts kept kicking me out after when using Paypal. Several frustrating re-tries & finally a phone call to them determined they don't actually facilitate Paypal on non-account quick checkout even though the website shows it & they divert you to Paypal & then back to website & then you get dropped with cryptic 'failed' error message. Apparently transactions 'work' if you use credit card.

Learning #2, their stock is also available on amazon.ca Just type in accusize 'whatever' & the same items show up. BUT (still unresolved) the shipping amounts don't appear to match up, at least on my cursory inspection. ie the amazon shipping looks higher than the actual charge off website. Now I didn't take the amazon deal right to checkout, maybe a combined shipping discount kicks in last minute or Canada post option is presented & they end up equal.

I'm finding this amazon arrangement with a few suppliers now. They are using amazon as the search engine / sales point & order is filled by company behind the scenes.

https://www.accusizetools.com/ga41-0050-mini-precision-toolmakers-insert-vises/
https://www.amazon.ca/Accusize-Prec...1458791414&sr=8-1&keywords=accusize+GA41-0050

John Conroy

Premium Member
I have bought some stuff from accusize on their eBay store. It is typical Chinese sourced stuff so don't expect great quality. Of the 6 orders I've made I have returned 2. One return was some QCTP tool holders that were advertised as BXA size but we we actually AXA and the other was an ER40 collet chuck that was advertised as having .0002" runout or less but actually had .002" runout on the taper as well as .025" runout on the OD that caused a lot of vibration at high speeds. At least their return policy is good if you use eBay.

I also bought one of their keyless drill chucks that is absolute junk, their idea of "precision" is not the same as mine. I'm pretty much fed-up with their "over-promise under-deliver" products.

John

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
0.025.... 0.002" .... 0.0002" what's a few misplaced zeros. Its shiny isn't it? :) I call this 'sticker specs'. What run-out would you like? 3 microns? No problem, we will print 3 mercons on the sticker.

I hear ya 100%. Its the classic crap shoot. You just don't know until you open the box. The only thing worse is finding the exact same item from a so called reputable machining supplier except they added on another 35%.

Another story - I needed an oddball metric ball end mill. The KBC one was like 45$. It wasn't critical & probably would only use it once so ordered one off aliexpress just to test if my credit card would get hacked. Bizarre outcome. The was $12, free shipping, arrived in 10 days, envelope has Chinese writing, but was mailed from Germany. It was razor sharp carbide & cut nicer than my USA brand. Go figure. Watch, the next one will be made from tuna cans & wobble like a sausage.

schor

I have bought some stuff from accusize on their eBay store. It is typical Chinese sourced stuff so don't expect great quality. Of the 6 orders I've made I have returned 2. One return was some QCTP tool holders that were advertised as BXA size but we we actually AXA and the other was an ER40 collet chuck that was advertised as having .0002" runout or less but actually had .002" runout on the taper as well as .025" runout on the OD that caused a lot of vibration at high speeds. At least their return policy is good if you use eBay.

I also bought one of their keyless drill chucks that is absolute junk, their idea of "precision" is not the same as mine. I'm pretty much fed-up with their "over-promise under-deliver" products.

John

I bought the keyless chuck and I agree it's junk.

schor

Passing on some recent learning's FYI. I tried to buy some stuff of Accusize. Its a Canadian supplier of various offshore machining items & I've had pretty good luck so far with a few items. https://www.accusizetools.com/

But recent transaction attempts kept kicking me out after when using Paypal. Several frustrating re-tries & finally a phone call to them determined they don't actually facilitate Paypal on non-account quick checkout even though the website shows it & they divert you to Paypal & then back to website & then you get dropped with cryptic 'failed' error message. Apparently transactions 'work' if you use credit card.

Learning #2, their stock is also available on amazon.ca Just type in accusize 'whatever' & the same items show up. BUT (still unresolved) the shipping amounts don't appear to match up, at least on my cursory inspection. ie the amazon shipping looks higher than the actual charge off website. Now I didn't take the amazon deal right to checkout, maybe a combined shipping discount kicks in last minute or Canada post option is presented & they end up equal.

I'm finding this amazon arrangement with a few suppliers now. They are using amazon as the search engine / sales point & order is filled by company behind the scenes.

https://www.accusizetools.com/ga41-0050-mini-precision-toolmakers-insert-vises/
https://www.amazon.ca/Accusize-Prec...1458791414&sr=8-1&keywords=accusize+GA41-0050

Luckily, I can just go to their office in Markham and inspect the items before I pay. Still got hosed on the drill chuck though, I'll use it up to 1/4" bits, anything bigger the chuck will slip.