• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

4x6 bandsaw $50

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Grizzly recommends a grease for their similar sized saw.
https://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g0622_m.pdf

Mobilux EP 2 Moly

My busybee saw has a bronze worm wheel and uses oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This one has oil in it. I looked through a couple of online manuals for saws that look very similar (BB has one). They state change oil periodically , but don't describe how or what oil to use.

I have some of this kicking around from the 80's?

OIL1.JPG

OIL2.JPG

Last edited:

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I have some of that to but less than 10years old Some of the additives in gear oil can dissolve copper alloys. My worm wheel is brass or bronze so I’m not sure whether this is safe or not.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
My research says no - gl-5 is the devil per the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I found a good thread on copper friendly lubes.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2554764

GL-4 appears to be the answer.

That is a good site , but yet confusing . There seems to be two lines of thought, you either believe the gl specification supersedes (ie gl-5 is ok for gl-4) or you don't.

I decided that I don't believe that so that is why I started hunting for gl-4 only

If you find some , again, I'm interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
The blade guides can usually be turned to keep the blade straight. Put a carpenters square on the table and use the vertical part to gauge the blade alignment.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
7B9D0D67-EB3E-4549-9860-F0367FC65619.jpeg
The guy I bought this from, said he loosened those two bolts, because he was trying to cut on an angle for some reason. So the first thing I did was loosened those, and tried to make it as straight as possible

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
6ED164BE-56C4-499C-8576-9ABA2BD8FE8E.jpeg
I never thought to check that- I was assuming it was as far as it would go. Use a square from that against the blade? A897A138-3D62-4865-8F0D-5754628191B2.jpeg
I’m assuming all of that is just to tension the blade?
FABD6751-F721-43B8-ADCA-170A6E1618CF.jpeg
Those four nuts are on the top side of the blade guides. Those are adjustable somehow?

Johnwa

Ultra Member
The ones circled in red adjust the pressure of the guide rollers on the blade. On mine they are ex centric, you loosen the nut then turn the stud to change. The ones circled in green should allow the guides to be rotated to twist the blade. You can get close with a square against the blade, but to get exact it’s a bit of trial and error.
There should also be a roller riding on the back edge of the blade. I don’t see it in your picture. 89E232EC-2EBB-44E8-A880-7AB49735D0FA.jpeg