• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

4x6 bandsaw $50

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It looks gently used as well. If a person wanted that size that would be one heck of a good buy.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
It looks gently used as well. If a person wanted that size that would be one heck of a good buy.

Is that considered big or small? I'm really tight for space. Can't remember how Kajiji works..... I sent a msg does the response come back by email?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Is that considered big or small? I'm really tight for space. Can't remember how Kajiji works..... I sent a msg does the response come back by email?
Well I guess size is relative but I consider that small, I'm not sure you can buy a smaller commercial saw than that. It would be great for a small shop. If you txt/chat with kijiji you usually get a txt in the app as soon as the person responds and then an email always seems to follow that is a duplicate of the conversation. At least that's how it works for me on my phone.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
All that comes up when I search the link is a battery charger. If it's the same as my band (64 1/2" blade) saw Craig buy it before someone else does. I got mine from a shop that just wanted it hauled away because it was wore out and wouldn't cut straight anymore so they were replacing it. That was 18 yrs ago and I,m still using it almost daily when I'm in the shop...and it does cut straight...with a good blade in it. Once in awhile you will get a brand new blade that wont cut straight and I use them for cutting that isn't critical and if I do gat a new blade that cuts straight, I usually keep it just for the "good jobs".

The fact is that I have cut many, many hundreds of inches of steel/Alum or whatever with someone else's cast-off and only changed the $15 blade.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I got her, looks to be in very good condition. Can cut in the horizontal and vertical (bonus) position and came with a new blade installed.

The guy had removed it from the Kijiji ad after I made contact as he was getting overwhelmed with responses.

Can't wait to try it out.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I think you will like it.
I made a very small table maybe 2”x2” that I leave attached for when I use it vertically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnwa

Ultra Member
PS
There is a good video somewhere on YouTube that shows how to adjust the guides so it cuts square.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I think you will like it.
I made a very small table maybe 2”x2” that I leave attached for when I use it vertically.

The guy gave me a 7.5" X 8" table to attach to it for cutting in the vertical.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Well.... I'm impressed. A good 5+ times faster than my PHS (not that that was an issue in the first place).

CUTL.JPG

CUTW.JPG

Made a nice square cut even after taking the head off to get it into the basement.

SAW.JPG

MOTOR.JPG

The specs.

BOTH.JPG

Kind of overwhelms my work space a bit. Wife says I can't park it under her clothesline like I was with the PHS:-(

TS.JPG

First cut was some 2" X 1" stock for the center carrier of my in progress rotary table tail/foot stock.

Last edited:

Johnwa

Ultra Member
The guy gave me a 7.5" X 8" table to attach to it for cutting in the vertical.

I have a bigger table as well. I can leave the 2x2 in place and still do a horizontal cut. The table only has to support your workpiece right at the saw teeth anyway. It might be different if you’re using a narrow blade and cutting curves.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Unknown to both me and the seller these things have an oil bathed right angle drive on them.

We laid the saw down in my truck bed for the ride home and it leaked a little. Not much, but some.

I opened the drive cover and there is still lots of oil in it that looked really clean. I should probably replace it or at least top it up. It looked like and felt like plain old motor oil?

What kind of oil do you put in these things?

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Uh oh, an oil question!

For me it would depend on the worm gear. If there's brass, then you have fewer choices due to the additives causing pitting

I just rebuilt the worm drive on a 7x12 I bought from Tom kitta and the new gear is steel, not brass so I went with an 80w90 gear oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin.decelles

Premium Member
I've never had the cover off my 4x6 in 20 years. Still purring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin.decelles

Premium Member
I looked around for gear oil that was not API spec 5 but did not have any luck. My searches all came back with the elusive mobile 600w or steam engine cylinder oil which is not easily found in Canada. Any sites selling were by 5 gallon pails

The 600w is a brand, not a viscosity

Drive be nuts. If you find something let me know as I’m interested