• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

40% off Noga holding systems at Travers

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I have a Starrett 2 arm, and several offshore 2 arm indicator holders. I never use them now that I have a Noga.

BTW I have really good performance from one of those really tiny 3" per arm offshore Noga knockoffs. - Might be becasue of the size. The the real Noga and the Noga knock off are my go-to holders.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Same is true btw if you buy stuff from McMaster Carr. The price, including shipping, is what you pay. No additional charges after the fact.

I was gunna say that about Travers but wasn't positive so kept my mouth shut.

I had no idea that MC was like that too!

Excellent info! Thank you!

Heading off to order another DG6160 so I can have a matched pair like @David_R8 suggested. I can't begin to relate how many times I've needed another one and had to make do.

It might seem trivial, but even the multi attachment head on mine is a joy to use. It seems like everything else I have has to be cobbled to get an indicator onto it. With the Noga, I can just grab the indicator I want, stick it on, and go - knowing with confidence that it will fit. I think I would get a noga just for that feature alone even if it didn't do all the other seemingly more important things it needs to do.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Anyone else having issues trying to checkout? I can get to the payment method page, but it won't load the portion of the page to enter the credit card information. Using Chrome.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Thanks. I left it for a bit and go through that. But now I have issues with address. Guess I have to call in to get this resolved.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I had address problems too. I just used a pc and got it done. Can't wait to have two of them.

Rauce

Ultra Member
I wouldn’t buy one new (not even sure what they go for) but the Mitutoyo articulating arm is the best I have.

Value-wise there’s an articulating base that princess auto sells that is a good deal when it’s on sale. Haven’t seen it on sale for a couple years though.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I found and bought a Fisso just before Christmas. It is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. But I have not had time to evaluate it yet. It's project 42k on my list. 42j is to figure out how to evaluate it fairly and meaningfully.