• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

3/8 Plate Needed - Place That Sells Off-Cuts of Plate ??

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Does anyone know the name of the place in Calgary off of 52nd(?) that used to sell off-cuts? It was the fab shop owned by either Varsteel or Federal I think. Maybe close to a brewery if I recall.

They used to let you browse through off-cuts of plate.

I need some 3/8 plate - at least 24" x 24", can't remember the place I went to years ago.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I think I found it: Varsteel Ltd. - Calgary MPC - Metals Processing Center

Should have known...all places I like are close to a brewery :)

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
7900 56 St SE, Calgary, AB T2C 4S9

I'm pretty sure this is the place from years ago I used to go to. Will check Monday. I think they are the fabrication arm of the same company, hence the off-cuts.

After I talk to them I will update the post.