• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

2T Air / Hydraulic Engine Hoist - Best Offer (or free maybe)

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Hi all -

I'll be starting on a gantry crane soon and need to clear up some shop space. I have a Princess Auto folding engine crane (black and yellow version of this same model) that I added the air over hydraulic cylinder as an option (you can also operate manually). New these items are $500.

I'll let it go to the highest offer, but if no one offers $ I'll just give it away as I need the space.

Two catches though:
  1. The space I am clearing up is for a pneumatic corner notcher that weighs 500 lbs., so I'll need to hang on to the crane until it arrives (Baileigh Industrial says 1-2 weeks, but my experience has been that it could be up to four).
  2. Once I unload the notcher with it, I need the crane gone within a day as I literally have no space in my garage for it.
So, make an offer privately via PM on this forum -- maybe $10 or maybe $100. Between now and the time my notcher arrives, I'll hold the offer, and let you know in a couple weeks when you can pick it up if you are highest bidder.

crane.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hey I've got the exact same crane! But i would be interested in learning how you made it air operated!

When you're ready to give away the corner notcher - hope I can be first on your list! LOL.

Thanks for always considering us other metal workers when moving out some of your un needed tools/machines.

Don

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I just also realized your crane legs fold up! Mine don't do that...was that your own modification?

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
LOL. Actually when I hear the Grim Reaper knocking, I will likely give my stuff away. But at the rate I'm going, I probably won't hear the knock as I think even my ears are failing me. At least that's what my wife says.

If you follow this link the cylinder at PA fits the crane perfectly -- no modifications necessary. It was actually designed to fit the crane.

Cheers Don.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
LOL. Actually when I hear the Grim Reaper knocking, I will likely give my stuff away. But at the rate I'm going, I probably won't hear the knock as I think even my ears are failing me. At least that's what my wife says.

If you follow this link the cylinder at PA fits the crane perfectly -- no modifications necessary. It was actually designed to fit the crane.

Cheers Don.

Well you just keep busy in your shop doing good stuff and the grim reaper will know you're too darn busy to bother!

I didn't know there were 2 models of this crane, thanks for the info.

Don

Tom O

Ultra Member
I could probably use one in the basement or it might be useful installing the 4th axis. I’ll give you a $100.00.