• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

12VDC Double Acting Hydraulic Power Pack - FREE

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I've had this unit for about 10 years. It looks dirty and dusty, but it has been inside my shop the entire time—I promise. It has only been used maybe a few dozen times, and that was 10 years ago when I bought it. Originally I had it on a hydraulic post puller I built for a friend so we could remove some massive posts on his property. I built a towable puller we attached to his ATV. The unit and all components are from Princess Auto, and it is similar to this model: https://www.princessauto.com/en/12v-dc-double-acting-hydraulic-power-unit/product/PA0008652596

It has a 1.5" x 12" stroke cylinder on it and 6' hoses (1/4") with quick connects, as well as a couple of extension hoses. I also added a good quality gauge. Everything is in great condition, including the hoses. All in, it's probably $500 - $600 new with hoses, gauge, cylinder, etc. Should work great (although I haven't run in almost ten years.) Either way, easy to get replacement parts from PA if ever needed.

Free to a forum member who wants it. I'd prefer if you want it for yourself to use rather than resell, but that is not a condition of the deal.

Suitable for scissors lift, dump truck, etc. If you intend to use it standalone (as opposed to on a vehicle), use it with a deep cycle battery such as marine or Optima battery, otherwise you'll drain it and damage your AGM battery. You could use it for a big press brake if you really wanted, but it would be overkill as you don't need double acting, and you'd need a battery.

If you are in Calgary area I will deliver, but it will have to be curbside due to Covid. PM me if you are interested.

1611460348346.png

1611460408070.png

1611460448554.png

1611460500825.png

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh all sorts of fun things a person could make with that. I always wished to make a dumping box on a 5x8 trailer and one of those things would be just right.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I better clarify...I dont have any immediate plans of making a dumping trailer anytime soon so I am NOT asking for it....I'm sure someone more suitable will be happy to take.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
If it is still available I’ll take it and make a donation to the site.
It's all yours then Tom. Send me your address and info in a PM, and a time that works for you. I'll get it cleaned up and drop it off.