• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tools you waited too long to acquire

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I’ve been wanting a good straight edge for a long time. Well for no particular reason i got one yesterday. I’ve seen nice aluminum ones (24”) in the $50 to $90 range. But the descriptions did not show if they came in a proper protective box.
I decided on the Accusize steel model.
It looks really nice. It has a proper box plus a reusable plastic strip that fits over the ground surface. (The wood box also came in a cardboard box + bubble wrap and that was all in an Amazon shipping box). It’s rated at 0.001” over the 24”.
(Darn - I was going to attach a picture here but i get the message ‘the file is too large for the system to handle’ - so I’ve attached the Amazon link below.)

I’ve heard that these instruments should be stored hanging vertically using the hole provided. But for my small work space i plan to keep it safely in the foam lined wood box.

FWIW: I thought this would be a good opportunity to directly buy from Accusize and try out the Forum’s new 10% discount. The discount would almost pay for the shipping so I was about to go that route.

BUT - the price was exactly the same ($88.00) from Accusize and
Amazon. Except Amazon offered a 10% discount code plus free shipping. I was sort of disappointed because i wanted to try the Forum discount, but i got it from Amazon.

BTW - the straight edge looks great, no disappointment there! :)

(Yes @Susquatch I will let Allen know).