• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

toolbox project

MrBlair

Going to be building myself a 3 drawer wooden toolbox to store my machinery handbook (whenever the 32nd edition finally ships), as well as other tooling at work. First step today was building an inlay for it, I like the designs other manufactures have, so I wanted to have my Grandfathers signature somewhere on the toolbox. graphics.png
I definitely should of considered a larger endmill for the initial adaptive clearing, and also tightened up the stepovers on the parallel finishing pass, however I'm very happy with the results. 67c64be3-385e-4ed9-a192-e99bbc62e542.jpg 11.jpg
Used:
0.06"D endmill for the roughing pass
0.035"D endmill for the finishing pass and tight areas like the inside of the "L"
60* engraver to chamfer the perimeter as well as the finishing pass in the pocket at a 45* angle.

Ill be countersinking and drilling the 2 holes at a later date, when I know the dimensions of the exact screws ill be using.

Last edited:

MrBlair

update: redid the inlay, biggest reason is I wanted the parallel finish to look better and not have the adaptive toolpath showing. followed the similar setup except left .01" axial on the adaptive, then followed up with the 0.035 endmill on a parallel toolpath with .025" stepover.

lastly the same engraver I broke the edge on all the letters to smooth it out.

machinery handbook is still delayed arriving to Canada. probably going to make the handles next. PXL_20240502_180403565.jpg PXL_20240502_180419577.jpg