• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Letter stamp jig....

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
I have always found it difficult to align letter stamps - too far apart, not aligned on centre or skewed. So I cashed in another Round Tuit and designed this little jig to help.

Its made from PLA-Carbon Fibre, and uses six 1/4"x1/4" magnets from Lee Valley. The base is rabbeted and fits a 1/2" wide 6" ruler.

There are two slots to hold the stamps because I have several sets , all nominally 1/4" (6.35mm) square, but they actually vary from 5.75mm to 6.95mm.

To use the jig, the front face is aligned with the draft line and the jig moved side to side according to the ruler marks and the width of the letters.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 4.55.07 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 4.55.22 PM.png Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 5.03.32 PM.png Stamp guide08.jpeg Stamp guide06.jpeg

Stamp guide10.jpeg Stamp guide14.jpeg

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have always found it difficult to align letter stamps - too far apart, not aligned on centre or skewed. So I cashed in another Round Tuit and designed this little jig to help.

Its made from PLA-Carbon Fibre, and uses six 1/4"x1/4" magnets from Lee Valley. The base is rabbeted and fits a 1/2" wide 6" ruler.

There are two slots to hold the stamps because I have several sets , all nominally 1/4" (6.35mm) square, but they actually vary from 5.75mm to 6.95mm.

To use the jig, the front face is aligned with the draft line and the jig moved side to side according to the ruler marks and the width of the letters.

View attachment 43558View attachment 43559View attachment 43560View attachment 43561View attachment 43563

View attachment 43564View attachment 43565
Great work!

But, aren't those bench blocks hardened?